Old 21-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Juco

Default Petrol V Electric hedge trimmer

Hi,

I bought a used petrol hedge trimmer it went `bang` guy replaced but I sold
it, I then bought a new one, after a couple of hours use it wouldn`t start,
all were McCullochs 2 stroke. I have lots of years experience with motorbike
engines so well aware of mixtures etc and the settings were as per factory
so don`t think its anything I have done wrong. The shop I bought the new one
from has reimbursed me but now not sure about another 2 stroke and thinking
about an electric (although I don`t like trailing cables) My hedges are all
near to house and can probably do the whole lot in a couple of hours, so
thinking it might be worth the inconvenience and just go electric.

I would be intersested on others thoughts on this especially those that have
used both petrol and electric.
thanks