Old 21-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Janet Galpin

Default Purple flowers

The message
from Norman Brooks contains these words:

Norman Brooks wrote:
Can anyone identify these flowers for me? They came in a mix from a
greenhouse I bought.

www.normanbrooks.co.uk

Many thanks

After much digging around on the web I came across a US web site, by the
title of 'The Small farms Success Project'?? Fact sheet number 2 and 2a.
The actual url is www.smallfarmsuccess.info.

On the site is a description of a blue/lavender/mauve/white plant called
Phacelia Tanacetifolia, it seems to fit the description well. It lists
English common names as 'fiddleneck/tansy leaf/wild heliotrope and bee's
friend to name but a few. Apparently very very attractive to bees.

Many thanks to those who replied.

Yes, it is definitely Phacelia. This is sometimes used as a green
manure. I used it last year and now I have it all over my vegetable
beds. Still it's very pretty and bees do indeed love it.

Janet G