Old 22-07-2004, 12:06 AM
sarah

Default OIl tank - OT, but it's a garden feature

Janet Galpin wrote:

I have a rusty steel oil storage tank which I want to replace because I
have a horror of it springing a leak and flooding the garden with oil.
I'm not sure whether to replace it with another steel tank or a plastic
one. Any thoughts about the merits or drawbacks of either type?

Talk to the company that services the tank (the engineer who services
the boiler should check the tank valve, clean the filter, etc during the
visit). See what they suggest. We did, and they suggested plastic. Very,
very strongly. Long-lasting, don't require maintenance, less internal
rust leading to contamination of the oil supply if the filter fails.

regards
sarah

--
NB. Note change of *usenet* email address:
'amitiel.demon.do.uk' will soon cease to function.