Old 22-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Martin Brown

Default Birds hitting window

In message , Mike Lyle
writes
"Stanley" wrote in message
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
snip
two we have had a spate of birds crashing into a window where it is
possible to see a narrow band of another window on the other side of
the house. Of course, now I cannot find what seemed such a good idea
when I read it, having googled this newsgroup and others and also
looked in other places I thought possible. Can anyone help?

They leave a beautiful print of themselves on the glass, especially the

pigeons!

Has somebody been watching too much 'Tom & Jerry'?

No. They really do leave a detailed oil print off their feathers.

The simplest fix that no-one seems to have mentioned is not to bother
cleaning your windows for the period when juvenile fledglings are about.

My neighbours large picture window has an unfortunate habit of claiming
one or two newly fledged birds each year. It can be fatal for small
birds.

The biggest bang we've ever had was a green woodpecker - fortunately
they have very thick skulls and it was only stunned for a short while.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown