Old 22-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Rod

Default Turf laying

On 19 Jul 2004 10:37:13 -0700, (Pile) wrote:

Well, I have contacted the local Rolawn depot. Just the turf comes in
at at over the mind blowing £500 figure!
I know it would take longer to establish but what about rotovating and
then grading and seeding? Would this be the same in the long run cos I
bet it would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Given the choice I always go for seed. You get to choose your grasses,
it's cheaper and less work. Seedbed preparation is (should be anyway)
much the same for turf or seed, and lugging loads of turf around is
hard work. If *sufficient* water is given when needed seed will
germinate in 10 days or less and establishment is quick. We are now
approaching one of the 2 best times for sowing a new lawn. Get it
prepared in the next month or so and sow your seeds just before the
heavens open in mid/late August ;~)
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.