Old 22-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Rod

Default Creepy Crawlies in Raspberries

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:39:27 GMT, "Poppy"
wrote:

Dear All

I absolutely love raspberries so I'm now growing my own and have a good
harvest. But with the fruit comes some little tiny 'nasties' like minature
caterpillars. Does anyone know what they are? How do I prevent them from
being there? And how do I get them off the fruit? They're putting me off
:-(

TIA
--Poppy

Raspberry beetle grubs. Mostly in the hull of the fruit but you're
pulling the berry off the hull as you're picking aren't you? So
where's the problem? - left behind on the plant. If you're making jam
a bit of extra protein isn't noticed anyway ;~)
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.