Old 22-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Franz Heymann

Default clover in lawn

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article ,
Howard Neil writes

Before you start making up your own definitions, I suggest that you

have
a read of:-

http://www.pesticides.gov.uk/appendices.asp?id=744

Which gives:
-----------
Pesticide
Any substance, preparation or organism prepared or used for

controlling
any pest. A pesticide product consists of one or more active

substances
co-formulated with other materials. Formulated pesticides exist in

many
forms, such as solid granules, powders or liquids.

That Govt. definition is not relevant to this thread because clover

is
not considered to be a pest in organic gardening.

Organic gardening is not the be-all and end-all of gardening, and
clover is not the only plant which is a pest under certain
circumstances. Alchemilla mollis is a pest in my garden, as is moss.
There are gardens in which Japanese Knotweed is a pest.
Please read my other posts on the definition of the term "pesticide".

Franz