Old 22-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Alan Gould

Default Tomato side shoots

In article , Douglas
writes

Many thanks, A. and G.!.
Just what I wanted!., I love to eat tomatoes but I always have gluts each
year and despite distribution to deserving young married nieces and so on
it has always pained me to see leftover batches of them get soft and I have
to 'chuckem'.
Well you do get pained, don't you!, what a waste! , especially after you
have tenderly cared for them every day through the summer.
Funny thing! - my wife always freezes the rhubarb!, so I should have well
known. Tsk!-Tsk!.
You really have done me a favour and I am chuffed!.
Good Luck to you both!.
Doug. (dumbhead!)

Thanks Doug. Just for the record, there is a lingering idea around which
suggests that tomatoes "cannot be frozen". That is based mainly on the
fact that they lose texture in the process, thus are not suited to fresh
eating. They are excellent for all catering purposes though, and they
don't lose any of their flavour in the freezer.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.