Old 22-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Amy Lou

Default Greywater question

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day amy lou,

we make our own wash detergent used for hand wash as well as clothes,
we are only 2 so really do not generate that much grey water i tend to
let it say water a patch or 2 of brassicas in the winter and soly for
pumpkins in the summer.

our shire made us put in a greese trap i would like to purely run all
grey water as fresh as possible to the plants, any storage degrades
the end product.

We are a family of five and generate quite a lot of greywater. Seems a shame
not to use it. The quality of the water is imo pretty good. All it is is
fresh water mixed with a little soap or detergent. I don't recycle kitchen
water (too dirty).

You seem to be saying that storage is not good. I store for only a few days
(that's all it takes before the tank is full).

I've tried all sorts of ways of expelling the water from just letting it run
out of the hose to sprinkling onto the lawn. Its too good to waste.

Water is precious especially in summer when it costs $30 a week. In winter
we usually manage on rainwater but still don't want to waste a drop.

Amy