Old 22-07-2004, 07:02 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:44:47 -0700, (paghat)
wrote:

(snip)
The real answser to Watcher's ridiculous assertion that such
commemorations don't exist for Vietnam vets I already corrected with this
long list of Vietnam war memorials:

First you should read Watcher's assertion.
Before you can correct it you have to understand it. I still stand by what I
wrote, that the COUNTRY should do something to honor the vets who served in
Vietnam and survived.

There are nearly 400 listed in that book, & no state lacks such memorials.

No state sent troops to Vietnam, either. The United States of America shipped
soldiers there. It's decent of the states to put up memorials, but that doesn't
take the responsibility from the US government. One thing they teach in the
military is that you can delegate authority but you can't delegate
responsibility.

If you've not time, energy, or physical ability to visit even the nearest
ones, do at least take an e-journey to some of the web pages linked from
the vietvet.org page I provided. If each of us will honor vets even to
that small degree, arguments about how they've never been honored won't
have to sound so damned silly.

So yes, even us peacenik lefties of the Vietnam & Hippy era, who've been
charged with spitting on vets & calling them baby killers, in reality care
a great deal. If only the ****ers & moaners would make an effort beyond
merely assuming!

Actually, there is a new generation ready to take up the mantle of disrespecting
the soldiers and blaming them for the war. I've seen some of it online, and seen
reports of it in some newspapers. The freshest one was from Seattle recently.
Maybe a little effort to make sure history isn't repeated would be nice, too.