Old 22-07-2004, 07:03 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:07:28 GMT, escapee wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:57:02 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

That's only one of the many Flip Flops Kerry is quoted on.

Not a flip flop. He, with many others were duped.

Whether he was duped or not, he's changed his position. That's a Flip Flop.

Lied to by Collin Powell,
Rumsfeld and Bush/Cheney.

One thing a responsible adult does is accept responsibility for his actions.

Name some more.

Too easy. Doesn't own an SUV. Owns an SUV. Tossed his medals. Didn't toss his
medals. Plenty more if you go look for them. I don't need to, since I wasn't
going to vote for Kerry anyway.

You mean WMD's like the Chemical Weapon Sarin or the Chemical Weapon Mustard
Gas, which have been used in Iraq?

They never existed. Trace amounts were discovered.

No, the Sarin that was "discovered" was not a trace amount. It was a binary
artillery round. That means it was a complete artillery round containing Sarin.
Mustard gas was found earlier. Anyway, trace amounts of WMD's are STILL WMD's,
unless you want to change the definition of WMD's again.

Trace. They are not WMD's.
They'd be W'sMD, which is why they are called WMD.

20/20 hindsight is handy, but nobody has it available at the time decisions are
made. We all have to make decisions with the information that's available at the
time.

The current administration gave an absolute statement that WMD definitely
existed and they (Iraq) had them.

I remember that part.

They knew where they were,

I don't remember that part. Got any quotes of them saying they knew where they
were? If they knew where they were why was Hans Blix over there looking for so
long?

they were certain.
That was what they told the Congress. They lied. If they didn't lie, they were
absolutely incompetent and deserving of being fired.

If Congress was dumb enough to expect 100% certainty from ANY intelligence
organization, they are all absolutely incompetent and deserving of being fired,
too. Gathering intelligence practically NEVER has 100% certainty of anything.
This modern witch hunt of talking about "intelligence failures" because of
less-than-100% accurate intelligence is amazing to me. Anybody who expects 100%
accuracy from intelligence gathering is out of touch with reality. Even the best
intelligence gathering groups probably never achieve 100%.