Old 22-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Larry Stoter

Default Water Lillies not flowering

I'm still having problems with water lillies.

We have a 1/2 barrel with a pygmea - produces lots of leaf but hasn't
flowered for 2 years. Somewhat shaded but the plant is very vigorous.

Also, a large pond 3m x 5m and up to 1.5 m deep but in full sun. We put
in 2 lillies ~3 years ago, they flowered the first year and have done
very little since. One seems to have died. A couple of months ago, we
bought a third, which produced one flower but isn't exactly flourishing.

Any suggestions?

Should I take the plants out of the basket they come in and leave them
completely free?

--
Larry Stoter