Old 31-01-2003, 11:02 PM
~ jan

Default Will I regret not having a skimmer?

I'd hate to cut my liner.
BV.

If you looked at my website you'll see what we did "after the fact, I'm
smarter now" to install skimmer and bottom drain. I don't expect my skimmer
to handle all the leaves that could fall in, what a skimmer really does,
imo, is keep the surface clear of dust, small floating debris AND spawning
foam! Ponds without skimmers often have very dirty surfaces as it takes all
matter different amounts of time to sink, and a dirty surface pond detracts
from looking at the fish, especially when picture taking.

The lily pond is all plumbed with bottom drain & skimmer through the liner
for the eventual filter, years away. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a