Old 22-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Pam Moore

Default Garden re-think. Help please

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:21:14 +0100, "Choc-brain"
wrote:

Is it sunny or shady?
One plant I'd suggest for a sunny spot is Lavatera. It's quite big (tall)
but flowers for months (large pink flowers) and is very easy to care for,
just cut it all off at the end of the year and it all comes back the next
year. Easy to propagate if you want more, just stick some of the prunings in
the ground and at least half of them will root.

Thanks Choccie (someone after my own heart with a name like that!)
I have a sunny corner and I think lavatera would do well there. I
have been travelling by bus lately (anyone want to buy a VW Polo?)
and have been looking for ideas in gardens I pass. I have seen
lavateras and wondered about them. I didn't realise you can cut it
right back to base. Sounds like a good one for my list.
Many thanks.

Pam in Bristol