Old 22-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Pole beans have reached the top

Michael said:

I recently planted a row of pole beans along a 4' high chain link fence. At
the top of the fence I attached strings that reach up to a wire about 7'
high. The tallest plants have just reached the top of the string. Should I
prune the ends of the beans so that they don't start hanging over, or going
horizontal? Or should I just let them go where ever they want to go?

I always let mine flop over and go where they want. Never prune them.

(attributed to Don Marti)