Old 22-07-2004, 01:03 PM

Default squirrels in my tomatoes

wrote:

Not sure how much is LOTs but i got about 15 or so far ..
http://display.homeunix.org/garden/tomatoes-july-b.jpg

Your tomato plants are MUCH bushier and healthier looking
than mine. "Lots" in my case is about 8-10 a day, on a
decent day, from about 10 plants, mostly Better Boy, but
also one Patio and one "Druzhba"--a Bulgarian I got at the
Farmer's Market in Raleigh, which is now entirely moribund.

As I said, though, while I'm getting a reasonable number of
'maters, they're pretty small this year.

Did you say you're new to gardening? IMO, there is nothing
on earth that tastes better than homegrown tomatos, still
warm from the sun and perfectly ripe. Other people start
thinking of love, or of baseball, when spring approaches;
I start thinking of how soon I can get some tomatos in the
ground. :-)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001