Old 22-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Wil

Default Ultra Modern Daylilies

"Michelle" wrote in message
just proovs I'd never make it rubbing elbows with the rich gardeners
I'm just too satisfied with the old tried and true although I have a
very pretty canna that I got from a friend and it is doing quite well
and I get a lot of ooo's and ahhh's from the neighbors
but I think that it's just not worth it to pay through the nose for a
fancy flower like that unless you are a nursery who plans to grow and
sell it it's like paying two hundred and fifty dollars for some sort
of new sneaker or six thousand dollars for a suit just to wear once I
guess if you have nothing better to do with your money go ahead go
crazy

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:23:47 -0400, "Wil" wrote:

Daylily growers and hybridizers are not rich folks. Some are scientists in
horticulture. Some are plenty wealthy though from a life time of work in
other unrelated career fields. I sell plenty of tried and true older
daylilies for $6. They are much less expensive from me, a daylily
counasour, than from the garden centers who pay less for a daylily tissue
culture than I pay for a true division, but the garden centers over charge
for the variety. I can sell you a very nice newer developed daylily for
$15. The very expensive ones are for collectors and breeders and those who
want the "rolls royce" of NEW daylily introductions. Given a little time
the $200 daylily will be $6. It is supply and demand. When they are so
plentiful I chop them up. They are of little value unless someone rescues
it.

Wil