Old 22-07-2004, 03:02 PM
escapee

Default Bush intel?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 05:49:44 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:56:46 -0700, (paghat)
wrote:

(snip)
But when asked about atheism, the Dalai Lama's rote reply is that "Atheism
is preferable to a complete lack of spirituality." Meaning, I presume,
that Belief in nothing is still belief. The Dalai Lama says it is okay for
you to not believe in things, the only philosophy that matters is kindness
-- not your forte either.

The Dalai Lama should stick to the Buddhism and leave the atheism to the
atheists.

I will clarify; Tibetan Buddhism, Mahayana tradition does not believe in
creation or creator. I said nothing of any deities. The Dalai Lama is not the
living god, has never once said that, nor has anyone else said that who is
Buddhist. He repeatedly says he's a simple Buddhist monk. He is not god,
living or dead. Paghat loves to know everything. I feel sorry for her. She's
a very angry woman.