Old 22-07-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Newsgroup

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:56:52 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 15/7/04 1:34 pm, in article ,
"John Edgar" wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:27:51 +0100, Alan Gould
wrote:

In article , John Edgar
writes
Why has this newsgroup been taken over by loonies who are not
interested in gardening in the U.K.?

You could help to redress the balance by posting on topic.

OK, maybe I should have said "OT." Sorry. It seems like a reasonable
question for someone like me who has followed this NG for a couple of
years with much pleasure. Now it is all going pear-shaped. Maybe
someone will set up another gardening NG for us?
John
In limine sapientiae

Why and who? Do you mean a moderated group and if so, are you willing to be
moderator? And are you sure enough urglers want to be in a moderated group?
Bit of a thankless task I would imagine.
Giving these juvenile idiots attention and group discussion space simply
gives them what they want. Ignore them or killfile them.

Richard Aston, a member of the UK Usenet Committee has provided
software that automatically removes troll messages for
uk.local.yorkshire.moderated newsgroup and others, it has worked very
well so far.
--
Martin