Old 22-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Sacha

Default The good, the bad (but no ugly)

On 16/7/04 7:52 am, in article ,
"Dave Poole" wrote:

The good bit is that after a 5 year wait, a clump of Puya alpestris in
my garden has just burst into flower. snip

Dave, we were in Tresco last week and one of the Puyas was in flower but I'm
not sure which it is. There's another which astonished me the first time I
saw it - it had bright green flowers and at first I thought someone had
stuck green plastic bits onto it! That one was over by last week, though.
It's amazing you're growing those succesfully in Devon, even given the
micro-climate you've created in your garden.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk