Old 22-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Kay

Default Newsgroup

In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
@stejonda.freeuk.com writes
In message , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
writes

Us Turnpike users will just have to keep quiet I guess. ;-)

So how does one do it, Dave?

I use the custom rule

/^Newsgroups:.*,/h

The result of this is that TP never even downloads the bodies of
cross-posted articles unless I request them.

However Jane, I see that you're using v4.02, whereas I'm using v6.02
which is a teeny bit different. I'm sure v4.02 had this capability (I
even think that v1.12 had it), but I'm not sure where you'd insert the
rule in v4.02.

The best place to ask will be d.i.s.t where I can see that John Stockton
is still using v4.00 and Richard Clayton is still using v5.01 which is
only slightly different from your version. Both of these fine people
(and perhaps others) will be able to give you a definite answer.

I'm using 5.01 and using the same rule as you.
--
Kay