Old 22-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Freesia question

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:52:17 GMT, Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:

My wife planted in large pots last autumn a load of Freesia bulbs. this year
we have had a fantastic display,cut and taken indoors for vases. What is the
procedure to get the same show next year? do I leave them in the pots and
over winter them in the greenhouse or leave them out. Any advise please will
be gratefully accepted.

An elderly gentleman, a gardener all his working life, now long
dead, told me years ago to grow new freesias from seed every
year. He overwintered his in a sheltered coldframe that he
covered with matting during spells of sub-freezing weather.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada