Old 22-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Dave Poole

Default The good, the bad (but no ugly)

Sacha wrote:

Dave, we were in Tresco last week

Arrgh, stop making me jealous ;-) I'm stuck with teaching level 3 NVQ
students. The dullness of the 'syllabus' is only just about
counteracted by their enthusiasm.

nd one of the Puyas was in flower but I'm
not sure which it is. There's another which astonished me the first time I
saw it - it had bright green flowers and at first I thought someone had
stuck green plastic bits onto it!

This is the amazing thing about them Sasha - the colours are so
unreal! I've just popped out again to look at them. I still can't
believe it and I've seen it flower so many times before in other
gardens.

hat one was over by last week, though.
It's amazing you're growing those succesfully in Devon, even given the
micro-climate you've created in your garden.

Well, P.alpestris isn't really that tender, although I have to admit
that I'm a bit pleased that it has coped with the high levels of
humidity and moisture that normally prevent me from growing such
plants. Its a Cracker!

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.