Old 22-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Garden re-think. Help please

Sacha wrote in
k:

On 22/7/04 12:45, in article
, "Victoria Clare"
wrote:

snip

How about a trailing rosemary such as Severn Seas ? Pretty flowers,
scented leaves, and much less robust than ordinary rosemary.

Some of our customers (and we) have found this one quite tender,
Victoria but am I right in thinking it survives with you? If so, I
imagine you get quite a few frosts and that it's hardier than people
might think. What does your winter temp. get down to usually?

Hm. I have 2 trailing rosemaries, which I had a vague feeling were that
one, but maybe they aren't.

(goes to check)

Drat, nor they are. They are 'Blue Rain' apparently - sorry.

Perfectly hardy in pots in a moderately exposed situation, and would fit
the bill as decorative, scented and not too huge.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall