Old 22-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Allotment cash crop advice

(Steve Harris) wrote in message ...
The problem with most "produce" is that it is perishable and low priced.
Consider instead growing plants for other gardeners. They are less
perishable and possibly more profitable.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

I think Fred Downham (I can't stop thinking of him as "Fred Downham of
Lancaster" -- if that's a sort of informal GQT peerage, he deserves
it: the only thing that stops me giving white-rose Geoffrey Smith a
similar accolade is that he so obviously knows he deserves it!) said
he used to grow thornless blackberries along his fences, and sell the
rooted tips: a very good use of space.

Mike.