Old 22-07-2004, 07:20 PM

Default [IBC] Shaping and Pruning

This is why your best source of information is watching the tree and seeing
how it grows or not grows.

I should live so long. It's nice to have reliable information ahead of time.
Everybody told me Betula 'Trost's Dwarf' is very slow. Nobody warned me that
if I wired the trunk in May, it would be cutting in by July.

Those with surviving trees have done just that. * Then they document what
they have done as something that works. * The next person may have equally
good results with a totally opposing method.

I doubt it. The totally opposing method may be due to difference in climate,
variety, or other factors that are never mentioned. I enjoyed Walter Pall's
recent article about Ulmus minor (the correct name), but it only bore out
everything I had already discovered about 'Jacqueline Hillier.' At least I know that
what I am doing with it is on the right track.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++