Old 22-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Dsybok

Default Newbie ponder...take a look

If anything I would lessen the emphasis on the stream section of the pond,
of which I think you have more than enough, and open the left side up with
more general pond area. The balance between stream and pond seems a little
tilted towards stream right now, and narrowing it might make that more so.

"Grumpy" wrote in message

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 06:41:12 GMT, Grumpy wrote:

I am in the beginning stages of building my pond. Please take a look of
what I have so far and let me know what you think. Any and all
suggestions welcome, i.e. pump size location and type, filters, plants,
thanks. I have books and video's, now I'd like to tap into this
recource, thanks.
http://home.comcast.net/~grumpy232/pondpage.htm
I will be doing fish, but not for another year or so. I might build a
false bottom to keep my 2 year old from taking a swim. Or a fence.
Thanks again

My only comments are, make the pond wider....

instead of wider, I might bring in the sides

and I highly recommend the
fence before you put water in, forget the false bottom as it may be

false
security, imho. ~ jan

a fence is a definite, it's just a matter of picking something nice