Old 22-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Newbie Bill

Default Trees and ponds

Just remembered I did see one 5 foot deep pond. Wow. Dell techie just
finishing it up. Probably spent a year of my take home pay on it, but how
nice. 14,000 gallons. Looked like a swimming pool, with a top kiddie pool
as his bog. Sprayed on gator guard liner. Two bottom drains and a skimmer.
Each of the bottom drains feeding these giant vortex filters, the skimmer on
a big bead filter. But as mentioned he did have some serious excavation to
do to get the rock out. Funny, seeing that expensive set up made me even
more resolved to eventually have a bigger pond, though much smaller than
his. One I could afford to build and operate. I'm sure when that day comes
I will enjoy it as much or more as him. Heck my little 800 gallon pond is
heaven. Anything more would be bliss.
Bill Blisster (?) - Austin, Texas