Old 22-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Phil L

Default For Phil L

David Hill wrote:
:: Thank you so much for explaining how to use this news group.I just
:: wonder how I have managed to exist here for the last 5 or so years
:: without your kind and enlightening help.
::
Don't mention it.

:: Could it be that most of us know that threads can move along from
:: the original posting to cover a wider range if information as the
:: move on.
::
Yes, and threads can fan out from one main thread, sometimes covering many
subjects, the idea is to try and follow the thread and post on topic, to the
person to whom you are aiming your comments....EG - if someone asks which
type of potato is best, you'll get subthreads covering maris pipers,
cheshires, jersey royals etc etc etc - it's no good just bunging your
tuppennyworth just anywhere.

:: If you think that every reply is aimed for your attention only
:: then I have bad news for you.....they're not.
::
I never implied they were, you were aiming your comments to the OP but
didn't.

:: Don't bother replying to this as I have no intention of starting a
:: thread that will be even more boring with each posting.
::
Looks like you already did!