Old 22-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve

Default Birds Don't Eat Berries

Glenna Rose wrote:
I can totally sympathize. With our unusually cold weather, my apricot
tree had a bumper crop, even with a fourth of the tree lost with the
weight of the ice. Note I said "had." Squirrels, though I'm convinced it
is a single squirrel, are systematically destroying the apricots. He
doesn't eat them, just takes out a bite and tosses them to the ground...........

What a pain. I think I would have found a way to get rid of that guy
by now.
This reminds me of my mother's complaint about her cherry tree. She
has a North Star cherry and has to surround it completely with a
net. Even then, chipmunks climb up the tree and pick the cherries.
They don't want the fruit, they are after the seed. My mother finds
hundreds of perfectly pitted cherries beneath the tree. (She can't
bring herself to use them.) ;-)

Steve