Old 22-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve

Default picking corn?

I agree. I, personally, enjoy my corn slightly over ripe by other
people's standards. Under ripe corn is rather a waste.
Also agree about peeking into the ear being a bad idea. If I do
that, birds start to discover the corn and are soon opening the
other ears on their own. The tip starts to feel blunt as the corn
ripens. Under ripe corn tapers right down to a point. Stephen, I
suppose it would be OK to peek inside to confirm what you feel until
you got the hang of it. Just close it back up real tight if you
don't pick.

Steve

TQ wrote:

When in doubt, wait a day.

Inedible, immature corn where the kernels are tasteless little nubs is a
waste of time and effort.