Old 22-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Steve

Default Papavar giganteum

Katra wrote:

Question: Isn't it illegal to cultivate P. somniferum anywhere in the
United States? So why do they sell the seeds at the seed stores??

I've wondered that for years. I read an article in a garden magazine
that told about growing them. It said it was for people in Europe
because in the US they were not legal to grow. Right after that, I
saw them for sale in a Thompson & Morgan catalog.
I ordered some and grew them for about 2 years. I grew them in a
flower bed right near the street too. They were pretty. I got
compliments.

Steve