Old 22-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Phal violacea var coerulea

Mick Fournier wrote:

Well it is that time of the year again to try and cross two nice
Phalaenopsis violacea coerulea orchids I have been working with for the last
couple of summers now. The pod parent this summer will be a mericlone of
Joseph Wu's "Joy" from Taiwan I acquired earlier this year. It is blooming
now and looks like this

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...coer_joy1a.jpg
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...coer_joy3a.jpg

The coerulea is on the right side. I have included a regular violacea in
the picture on the left just to see/test the standard magenta coloration.

My question to you is this... do you know of any better coerulea
clones/specimens than this? If so, I would like to see the picture or hear
about it.

It is nice and blue... I (personally) am not that impressed with
the form, at least in comparison the regular violacea pictured. I see a
lot of the regular violacea, not much of the blue form, so my opinion is
worth exactly nothing. I don't know what your goals are, but I'd pay
nice money for a plant combining the form of the regular violacea and
the color of the coerulea.

So, are you going to show us a picture of the pollen parent? I for
one would like to see images of the entire coerulea set, just so I know
what to look for when I see one in person.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )