Old 22-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fumigate and Fertilize

Roberto,

I had an ant problem. I used many types of chemicals to get rid of them in the soil of my plants. Recently, I found completely submerging the pot in water, the ants/bugs come to the surface or drown. Those that climbed the tree were ones I blasted off
with the water hose.

I don't know what type of creature you have in your soil, but this might work for them too.

Kitsune Miko

Roberto Alday Delgadillo wrote:
Hi,

As you may remember, I am new on this "hobby" (I have less than 2 years doing it), so I have a lot of doubts about my trees. Particularly, at this moment I have a bad time trying to determine if I can Fumigate AND Fertilize two of my trees (A young Hinoki
and a Jade).

I used to Fertilize my trees every three months, but since I have been reading some posts at the forum and in some other sources, I realized that a lot of people fertilize every 15 days, so I decided to do the same. I know that if I don't fertilize the tr
ees this time there won't be any problem, but how much time do I need to wait until I can fertilize them again after I fumigate?

Also, I have some doubts about what kind of fungicide should I used to get rid of the tinny white worms (Aprox. 1/16" to 1/8") that appears on the earth when I water my trees. I was thinking on using Malation or Suphration to do so, am I correct or you ha
ve some other options less aggressive?

As usual, let me thank you all in advance for your help.

"Saludos" from Mexico City,

Roberto

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++