View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Old 22-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fumigate and Fertilize

Roberto,

I had an ant problem. I used many types of chemicals to get rid of them in the soil of my plants. Recently, I found completely submerging the pot in water, the ants/bugs come to the surface or drown. Those that climbed the tree were ones I blasted off
with the water hose.

I don't know what type of creature you have in your soil, but this might work for them too.

Kitsune Miko

Roberto Alday Delgadillo wrote:
Hi,

As you may remember, I am new on this "hobby" (I have less than 2 years doing it), so I have a lot of doubts about my trees. Particularly, at this moment I have a bad time trying to determine if I can Fumigate AND Fertilize two of my trees (A young Hinoki
and a Jade).

I used to Fertilize my trees every three months, but since I have been reading some posts at the forum and in some other sources, I realized that a lot of people fertilize every 15 days, so I decided to do the same. I know that if I don't fertilize the tr
ees this time there won't be any problem, but how much time do I need to wait until I can fertilize them again after I fumigate?

Also, I have some doubts about what kind of fungicide should I used to get rid of the tinny white worms (Aprox. 1/16" to 1/8") that appears on the earth when I water my trees. I was thinking on using Malation or Suphration to do so, am I correct or you ha
ve some other options less aggressive?

As usual, let me thank you all in advance for your help.

"Saludos" from Mexico City,

Roberto

"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

************************************************** ******************************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
************************************************** ******************************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++