Old 01-02-2003, 03:50 AM
Nedra

Default Will I regret not having a skimmer?

Fringe, I know exactly what you mean about the
Jacuzzi heater. Pond water is at 34 degrees F.
It was a horribly cold January! Glad to see
February happen.
Our air temps are supposed to be 50 degrees
tomorrow. I don't know when I've so looked
forward to spring.

Nedra in Missouri

"Fringe Ryder" wrote in message
Based on the religious here, I will probably try BZT (and koi clay too)
this spring.

Having fallen in both my ponds this year, I know what the bottoms are

like.
Mine don't need vacuuming yet. But a good jacuzzi heater would be a
winner.

"Nedra" sez:
Don't have either a skimmer or a bottom drain,
Fringe. I do use BZT faithfully and will vacuum
the bottom this spring

Nedra

"Fringe Ryder" wrote in message
.. .
"BenignVanilla" sez:
My current plan does not include a skimmer. Do you think I'll regret

it?

I'm in the minority apparently. I don't have a skimmer. You can see

my
pond pics at http://www.fringeweb.com/Ponds/kc/MyPond.html

If you could put one in easily, do it. But if you can't, it's not

going
destroy the pond.

And no, I don't have a bottom drain either.