Old 23-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Xi Wang

Default Phal violacea var coerulea

Agreed. Unfortunately, last time I checked, none were for sale from
Orchidview. They're using them as breeding stock for the next little while.

Cheers,
Xi

Pat Brennan wrote:

Mick,
Here is the best one I know of. It is H. P. Norton's 'Gulfstream Blue'
JC/AOS.
http://www.orchidview.com/images/Pho...%20closeup.jpg

Pretty Cool. I do not know who all has stems of it, but I think Krull Smith
has been working with it.

Pat Brennan

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message

Well it is that time of the year again to try and cross two nice
Phalaenopsis violacea coerulea orchids I have been working with for the

last

couple of summers now. The pod parent this summer will be a mericlone of
Joseph Wu's "Joy" from Taiwan I acquired earlier this year. It is

blooming

now and looks like this

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...coer_joy1a.jpg

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...coer_joy3a.jpg

The coerulea is on the right side. I have included a regular violacea in
the picture on the left just to see/test the standard magenta coloration.

My question to you is this... do you know of any better coerulea
clones/specimens than this? If so, I would like to see the picture or

hear

about it.

Mick