Old 23-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Cat

Default Big Roadside Weed: What Is It??

In article ,
paghat wrote:
Whenever I've mow the greenmargin, I avoid harming this big weed, about
three feet tall & at least as wide. Though unmolested it never spreads
anywhere else, but is getting bigger every year. Here it is big & green in
April:

http://www.paghat.com/images/bigweedonstreet_ap.jpg
and here it is completely changed & rust-red in July:
http://www.paghat.com/images/bigroad...d_earlyjul.jpg
I find it very beautiful & would love to have a name for it.

Ugh. I'm afraid that I fall on the noxious weed side of things for
that one ; I suspect that it's curled dock:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/cro.../fab32s00.html

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."