Old 23-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Amy Lou

Default Greywater question

"len gardener"
modern society too full of hype and imaginary fears.

I agree Len. It may interest you to know that the reason I decided to start
recycling greywater was because previously all our greywater was going
through our septic tank and into a sullage pit. From there is was supposed
to seep out naturally and disappear but when my family moved here the
sullage pit simply was not able to cope with the amount of greywater we
produced. So we had one hell of a wet, boggy backyard. The new system allows
me to spread that water around to areas that really need it so its no longer
all going into the one spot.

In winter when I really have no need for the greywater I simply spray it on
the grass around the yard. Evaporation is not a problem. In fact the more it
evaporates the better.

In summer I am glad to have the extra water for the garden.

Amy