Old 23-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Redwood

In a message dated 7/22/2004 1:36:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I have a coast redwood that got frosted last fall, but was looking OK until
recently. Now, new growth has slowed and it is looking decidedly unhealthy.
Any ideas?? Rodger Kessler

Rodger

I don't grow these but a couple of suggestions/ideas.

1. I don't think a "frost" would hurt a redwood.

2. This time of year growth will slow on many species, kind
of a summer break, especially if it has been warm/hot.

3. Tell us how you are keeping the tree, where located,
container, size, watering, fertilizer, etc.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention July 1 - 4, 2005 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Workshops with Jerry Meislik of Whitefish, Montana, Chase Rosade of New Hope,
PA, and Ben Oki of California.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++