Old 23-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Srgnt Bilko

Default no grass over septic tank

"Richard Brandstetter" wrote in message
here in NJ grass loves growing over septic tanks , but septic tank in
Pacific Northwest may have some thing in moist overlying dirt may react

with
septic tank water Or is there just too much water over the septic tank and
the grass is under tomuch stress.
rich brandstetter

Shouldn't be any "water" (effluent) coming up out of the tank - just a
little "heat".
The effluent should be exiting through a pipe into a leach field or
something similar.

B&H wrote in message ...
Is it possible that the exhaust from the tank is noxious to the grass?
Seems odd to me b/c I thought plants thrived when exposed to such an
environment.

Thoughts on the cause and suggestions on what to do to get the grass

growing
for once? Any special dirt treatment?
tia
bob