Old 23-07-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Propagating hydrangeas

In article , Bluebee Sky wrote:
This is second attempt to propagate hydrangea and I am using water to do
that. My first one failed, now the second ones shows some signs of
success. After 2weeks in water, the extreme end is showing some kind of
growth which reminds me of jelly fish!! There is a white web like
structure on the extreme end and on one the leaf nodes(it is in water
too). I can see that the leaves are growing and are happy.

My question is how long do I wait before transplating in the soil? And
what I am seeing, is it precursor to actual roots, or roots itself?

Thanks

http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/propagation.html

This url may help. They say water rooting is hit and miss but offer two
other methods.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.