Old 24-07-2004, 06:02 PM
San Diego Joe

Default a challenge for the rec.ponds experts

"Ka30P" wrote:

Okay people, I've got a challenge for you!

I've been noodling around the web looking for information
about various pest deterrents and I found an interesting post.
So I emailed this nice person and we've been exchanging emails.

She found a white EPDM liner at an auction and would like to
use it in a koi pond. That's right white!

Now the idea is that the koi will show up loverly against the white and our
challenge that I put before you is how to do that.

Now I'm thinking....
a bottom drain and skimmer, of course, and a nice long handled soft brush and
commitment to maintenance.

But for the stuff that doesn't go through the bottom drain and caught in the
skimmer and we want to keep this water crystal clear what do you all suggest
as
far as filtering, really polishing the water?

Have at it!

kathy :-)
algae primer

Kathy,

I don't know about keeping the liner white. Won't algae grow on it? Sounds
like way tooooooooooo much maintenance to me.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.