Old 01-02-2003, 02:37 AM
~ jan

Default Will I regret not having a skimmer?

Trying to make a leak-proof hole in the liner at the
bottom that will stay leakproof for years... too big an effort.

The tetra bottom drain is made so well that I've yet to hear of anyone
locally or elsewhere (and I'm in pond club of 80 some families) having a
leak from the bottom drain.

One ponder when he first put one in didn't put the elbow under the liner in
cement and his ground settle pulling the drain downward, the EPDM
stretched, but was water tight.

Btw, I've heard that putting any fittings thru an old liner isn't worth
trying. Either figure some else out, or buy a new liner. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a