Old 25-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Sacha

Default what's Madeiran "draguiero"?

On 24/7/04 21:12, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

..which might not be the right spelling. I always think I'll remember
plant names despite frequent evidence to the contrary. I brought back
some seeds and they've just germinated into something pointy.
Unfortunately I can't remember what dragueiro is..does anyone know?

Even more annoyingly, I completely lost the label on another batch of
seed, which are now growing away in the garden marked "Madeiran seed". I
also bought various bulbs in the flower market there, and the stall
holder generously gave me a free bulb of something else whose name I'd
forgotten by the time I got home...now growing and labelled "freebie"
:-(

Janet.

Could this be it? "Dragoeiro is the dragon tree that grows only on Cape
Verde and a few other places in the world."
http://www.dragoeiro.com/
Dracaena drac http://web.galaia.pt/SJorge/geografi.../dragoeiro.php
--

Sacha