Old 25-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Pen

Default I Can't turn off my ceiling fan

I prefer pedestal fans too. A ceiling fan feels like a giant lawn mower.

(Gary) wrote in message . com...
It's been my experience that mechanical things just work better if you
periodically kick the living sh*t out of them. In this case, it may
not be practical to kick the offending machine, unless you have a very
high kick, or a very low ceiling. My advice would be to jump up and
hang onto the damned thing until you and it come crashing to the
floor. From there, you can easily get a foot, hand, or sledge hammer
on it to reduce it to a multitude of minute pieces, which can then
easily be scooped up and placed in the dustbin. Then go out to Wally
World and get yourself a $9.99 portable, oscillating fan that will
faithfully run longer than your grandchildren will be on this earth.
Another chapter in the "Life Sucks When Things Don't Work" book,
huh!!!

Gary