Old 25-07-2004, 11:03 AM
John Edgar

Default Alistern Stella Gray climbing rose

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:20:27 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from John Edgar contains these words:

Anyone else got one of these things and what does it do?

Mine is only in its second year here, grown on an L shaped trellis
windbreak. Last summer (warmer and drier than this) it flowered for
months, late into autumn. There was a steady succession of smallish
sprays of very beautiful flowers, not large, well scented.(I wouldn't
expect the huge flush of flowers you see on once-flowering climbers like
Kiftsgate). I deadheaded them as soon as each spray finished. This year
(cooler and wetter) it started flowering about two weeks ago.

Janet (Isle of Arran).

Well I'm jealous! At the moment ours shows no sign of 2nd flowering
having finished a wonderful display about 3 weeks ago. I will stick
with it and see.
John
In limine sapientiae