Old 25-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default tomato vine borer

Pam Gibbs said:

Anybody ever have tomato vine borees that bore holes into the tomato vine?
These are small brownish worms things that look sort of like pickle worms
except smaller and colored differently. Thay have infested at least two of
my tomato vines. Should I try BT ? I have not used it this year on the
tomatoes because there have not been any tomato worms. Thanks.

Tomato fruitworm aka corn earworm. Bt should work, timed correctly.
That is, *before* the caterpillar has made its way into the fruit.

(attributed to Don Marti)