Old 25-07-2004, 03:03 PM
MC

Default How are the vegies, everyone?

Thanks for the tips Len! The garden has been a breeze to set up and is
composting down nicely!

I have just had another HUGE day in the garden, after getting a heap of
(cheap) seedlings from the Caboolture Markets. I have put in 5 different
varieties of lettuce, some spinach, silverbeet, snow peas, beans, more
parsley, some marigolds and petunias for colour, and some squash.

Phew!!! Glad they're all in now ... and with no sign of frosts and nice warm
days (and nights) of late, I'm hoping for the best!

The other seedlings I put in about a week and a half ago are coming along
nicely - slow, but there are signs of steady growth there!

I must also add that I reckon (with my limited experience) the old blood and
bone must be one of the best fertilisers around - I spread some on my
parsely a couple of weeks ago and now they are the richest green colour I
have ever seen (in any plant!) and taste an absolute treat! I've had success
with it in other gardens also!

Cheers again,
Mick

"len gardener" wrote in message
news
g'day mick,

a long time since i have seen a sheet mulch garden started, way to go
and too easy hey?

hey if you aren't getting any frosts and got good sun in the garden
area go for it you could be the first with summer season pickings,
it'll probably come back to how warm the planting medium is as to how
well the plants mature they may be slow but they are there for when
spring comes. don't worry about too close together we all do that even
after years the plants don't seem to mind.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the
environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before

you send.