Old 25-07-2004, 04:02 PM
nutNhoney

Default Help...!!!

Ray wrote:

Go find some hot pepper powder and sprinkle the plants liberally with
it. Also, you might try feeding the squirrels something they will like
better.

I tried hot pepper powder to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeders.
Dangs things sat bold upright and laughed their butts off at me
"while" munching on the newly flavored seed!

I bought 2 Pestacators (sp) and one ultrasonic device for in the house
for a rodent problem. The Pestacators plug into the wall and make a
pulsing with the wires (?) and the ultrasonic device emits noise. One
of the Pestacators also has an ultrasonic component. After I bought
these devices, I did a little research and despite the general theory
they don't work, they are proving to be effective for us. No rodents
even the tree rodents anywhere near the house. I feed the blue jays
peanuts every morning. I've watched the tree rodents come as far as the
sidewalk then scatter the other way. They don't come into the yard!
Either they don't like the rodent devices or they don't like the
peanuts. My guess is on the rodent devices.

Or, you can use a .410. ;-)

DH component of one of our friend couples shot a squirrel as it was
going up a tree. Seems he was ticked at the squirrel eating through his
garden. Head was off but rest of body stuck to the tree with the claws
dug straight into the bark. DW component was not impressed! DH
component used a shovel to pry the carcus off the tree while the
tramatized kids cried and DW yelled. Not good ;-) You'd be best to use
a canon and make sure you get all of the tree rat to save your family
from going through such a Kodak moment!

Ray

"tom hooper" wrote in message

Squirrels attacking my tomatoes. Even eating the green ones. Tried
mothballs. Yeah right. Trapped and released one. Two more showed up
this am. any ideas ASAP. I haven't had a ripe tomato in a week and

I've

got 15 plants.
VR,
Tom