Old 25-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Pam Gibbs

Default tomato vine borer

Thank you!

I have applied BT now but I doubt it will help at this point..

These worms are in the vine--like squash vine borers. They are not eating
the leaves and they are not in the fruit. The have bored holes into the
vines and are tunnelling their way downward toward the ground. They are in
two of my creole tomato vines. I'm going to pull them up, bag them up,
and call my county agent tomorrow. I've never seen anything like this on
tomatoes before.

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Pam Gibbs said:

Anybody ever have tomato vine borees that bore holes into the tomato

vine?
These are small brownish worms things that look sort of like pickle worms
except smaller and colored differently. Thay have infested at least two

of
my tomato vines. Should I try BT ? I have not used it this year on the
tomatoes because there have not been any tomato worms. Thanks.

Tomato fruitworm aka corn earworm. Bt should work, timed correctly.
That is, *before* the caterpillar has made its way into the fruit.

(attributed to Don Marti)